Let's continue, shall we?
2. So, it doesn't rain all the time in Seattle. Does that mean the other things I've heard about Seattle aren't true either?
Well, I'm not really sure. What have you heard?
3. Well, people always say how good coffee is in Seattle. Is that a myth?
No, Dear Reader, that is 100% true. Seattle has some AMAZING coffee.
But I'm sure by now you know I'm not going to talk to you about the big SB. I'm not going to talk to you about Seattle's Best Coffee. Heck, I'm not even going to talk about Tully's.
I'm going to talk to you about the coffee the local coffee snobs drink. A coffee so good, they only have three locations, yet maintain a loyal following around the world. Their training materials on brewing and pouring the perfect latte are used worldwide. They have raised American coffee to an international art.
And yet, if you aren't in Seattle, you may have never heard of them. That, Dear Reader, is a shame. Allow me to introduce you to Espresso Vivace. I always stop in for a mocha when I'm in the neighborhood, and we usually buy their beans for home use. I wish every one of you could give it a try.
While I can't send every one of you a bag of coffee, I have decided to sponsor our first giveaway here at 37 Questions About One Thing by sending a very lucky reader one half-pound bag of delicious Vivace whole-bean coffee. All you have to do to get your name in the hat is:
* Be 18 or older and a resident of the U.S. or Canada
* Leave a comment on this post telling me if you would prefer drip beans (Vita) or espresso beans (Dolce)
* If you want an extra entry, become a follower and leave me another comment letting me know you did so (current followers always get an extra entry - just leave a comment so I know you want in!)
* If you're a real coffee aficionado and want yet another entry, blog about this contest and leave me a link in yet another comment.
* Each entry requires its own comment.
* You can enter until March 16th, 2009. On March 17th, I will draw one name via random number generator - the winner will have 48 hours after I email them to respond, after that a new winner will be drawn.
* If your blogger account is set to private and you don't leave an email in your comment, I will not be able to contact you to tell you how lucky you are! Please make sure I have a way to contact you so you don't miss out.
Good luck, Dear Reader. I hope you win!